Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~Sept 5-11

Well, work for me (and pre-school for the little guy) starts Wednesday and I have mixed feelings.  I'm super excited to have found such a great position...only 2 mornings a week for 4 hours, a way to put my degree & experience to good use, FREE pre-school for my 2 1/2 year old who cries "What about meeeeeee!?!?" every time his big sister & brother leave for school, and a way for me to help contribute to our family's budget.  But, on the other hand, I'm nervous about balancing my time effectively & being able to accomplish everything I need & want to do each week.  I don't want to let my housework slip, I don't want to put my husband, children & family time on the back burner, I don't want to slip away from my morning bible & prayer time because I'm hurried and pressed for time.  I'm praying that I'm following God's lead in accepting this position and that it will be a blessing to my family.  Also that God gives me focus, strength, & perseverance to accomplish all that I have on my plate.

Anyway....on to the meal plan!!  With everyone back in school, I'm not planning out breakfasts & lunches in as much detail.  Also, I'm reserving Wednesdays for crock-pot meals & Fridays for Grill night, since those are the days I'm now working.   Hopefully that will help ease the burden some on those days.


Breakfast:
waffles & fruit
pancakes & sausage
sausage biscuits & fruit
cereal
sausage, egg, & cheese english muffins
grits or oatmeal & fruit


Lunch:
PBJ & fruit
ham & cheese sandwiches
chicken salad sandwiches
Chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese
Leftovers


Dinner:
Monday:  "Almost Homemade" Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday: Chicken Bacon Ranch quesadillas
Wednesday:  Crock-pot roast, rice, corn
Thursday:  Hillbilly Spaghetti Pie, garlic bread
Friday:  Steaks, baked potatoes, corn on the cob
Saturday:  Chili dogs, french fries
Sunday:  Honey glazed Pork Loin, Rice-a-Roni, Hawaiian Rolls (Sunday Lunch, dinner will be Youth Group Pot Luck)


Blessings from my home to yours!
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment