|"Almost Homemade" Cinnamon Rolls, fresh out of the oven|
3 1/2 cups Biscuit Mix
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 cup Milk
~ 1/3 cup softened margarine
~ 1/2 cup brown sugar
~ 1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
~ 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Mix biscuit mix, cinnamon, & milk in a bowl. Dump out onto counter top & kneed until smooth & easily workable.
2. Place dough on a sheet of wax paper and roll out into a thin rectangular layer. (I spray my wax paper with Pam to make removing easier)
3. Spread a thin layer of margarine on dough.
4. Cover margarine with brown sugar.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of brown sugar.
***I do not measure out margarine, sugar or cinnamon. I simply apply straight from containers in a generous layer.
6. Starting with a short end, carefully roll up dough in jelly roll fashion, peeling back wax paper as you roll.
7. Cut rolled dough into 16 slices. I cut the roll in half, then each half in half again, then each piece in half again, and so on until I have 16 slices.
8. Lay slices in a single layer in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
9. Squirt a small amount of syrup in the middle of each cinnamon roll.
10. Bake in oven at 400 for 20 minutes.
11. While rolls are baking, cream together butter & vanilla.
12. Add in powdered sugar and mix well.
13. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. You want it thin, but not too runny.
14. Spread icing over cinnamon rolls as soon as they come out of the oven.
15. Sprinkle additional powdered sugar on top and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Blessings from my home to yours!